Who is eligible for the MSEP award?
To be eligible for the MSEP award, you must reside in one of the participating states and be admitted to IU Fort Wayne as an undergraduate degree-seeking student. This includes full- and part-time traditional undergraduate students, transfer students, second degree students, and returning adult students.
You are not eligible for the MSEP award if:
- You are enrolled in an online degree program
- You are enrolled in a dual degree program through a different university
- You have received Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
- You are a nonresident who is eligible to receive in-state tuition
Other important information about eligibility
The MSEP award does not cover tuition costs at other IU campuses—you must be enrolled in classes on the IU Fort Wayne campus for it to be applied. For example, if you take a course at another IU campus during the summer, the MSEP award does not cover the tuition cost for that course.
The award does cover:
- Online courses taken as part of your on-campus degree program
- Summer courses taken on the IU Fort Wayne campus
International student eligibility
If you reside in a participating state and have one of these immigration statuses, you may qualify for the MSEP award: A-1, A-2, A-3, E-1, E-2, E-3, G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, H-1B, H-4, I, L-1, L-2, O-1, O-3, V-1, V-2, V-3, or pending I-485 beneficiary.